– Doug Bierand Meet the GynePunks Pushing the Boundaries of DIY Gynecology
–kezialubanszky HerSwab Lets Women Test Themselves for Cervical Cancer and HPV
This weekend, I did not accomplish too much. I had a bit of an emotional Saturday. Um, a private matter from which I recovered by Sunday. On Sunday, I successfully prototyped the circuit to power and control ~ 1m of Neopixel Strip using the Gemma microcontroller and printed an enclosure to protect the Gemma.
I did this the usual way of uploading via putting test code in a new sketch with the arduino app and uploading it from the computer that way. Later I messed around a little with my Flora microcontroller, though I didn’t get too far, I found out there is a neat service called Codebender. This seems promising when it comes to sharing my project with the world.
I’m a little short on time, so as there doesn’t seem to be a smooth integration between my Instagram content and wordpress, I’m going to have to refer your video needs to said platform, just click the image below. You can hear the Replicator 2 printing away in the background. :3
So, I’m a little conflicted on this part because, Ben seems to think breaking the neopixel into 1 m sections is probably not necessary. Which would mean, maybe I should only cut 2 m sections? Yet, the documentation says there will be discoloration and I would like to minimize it, and the recommendation is to power it in branches? But that’s the next step I guess, is to get two LED strips powered in parallel. I might just do 2m first to see how it looks. If it looks good, I’ll just make something else light up with the 1m strip I cut to test.
EDIT (3/31): I totally know how I’m going to do this now. I am going to break it into the 1 m sections, and I was completely overthinking how to get it to happen.
I also did do a squat workout test of Athos, but I’m trying to figure out the best way to provide that information here. You can “Share” your workout using the Athos app, but thus far I am not terribly impressed with the information detail that provides. I probably will need to get some sort of screen capture tool on the Ipod and maybe it has the wordpress app.
The other day on Facebook, a friend of mine posted a Gizmodo article on vaporizing alcohol using the Vapshot Mini and I was intrigued. However, I resigned myself to never having the experience for myself, because the gadget mentioned was very expensive. Discussing it with my friends, I learn one of ours actually has a Vaportini. Now the Vaportini is only $35 bucks and a much simpler device. I chose to try it out on Jameson, and it was a delightful experience. Much of the enjoyment from flavor is inhaling the scent; essence of a good scotch, whisky, or gin is amazing.
Today, I read an article about the 3Dponics open sourced hydroponic system. I’m excited to death over it, tell my 3D printing partner and he is printing out the parts for me now! We’re learning a bit about how the growing stones and nutrient water needs to be dealt with and jumping right in. We plan to grow spinach, radishes, and turnips.
The pace of life is surreal in this decade, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Here is how the Prusa currently prints the hexagonal infill. I did decide to stop this print, to correct an error in the extrusion process. I am currently attempting the same print, with concentric instead of hexagonal infill. I am not convinced I have the correct temperature yet. So far, my printer does best with the concentric infill; so, until I figure out the temperature, I will use concentric infill.
I stopped by American Hardware in Lithonia and they had most of the parts for Wade’s Geared Extruder as listed on the wiki, but some of the parts they just didn’t have in metric we had to exchange for the closest imperial units *insert Darth Vader heavy breathing*.
They also didn’t have the “skateboard bearings” so I’m gonna have to figure out where I can get those.
I’m about to put it together, but here’s what we replaced…
the M4x60’s we replaced with 8-32 x 2.5″.
the M3x35’s we replaced with 4-40 x 1.5″
the M3 nuts we replaced with 4-40
the M3 washers we replaced with #6’s
and the M8x20 threaded bar we replaced with 5/16″.
So I’ma see if it works and get back to ya!